Group Leader and Senior Scientist
Simone has a degree in Nutrition Sciences and Home Economics from the Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences, Mönchengladbach. She acts as Projects and Communications Officer.
Holly graduated from the University of Cambridge with a degree in Natural Sciences. For her thesis, she investigated the within-host diversity of influenza infections using statistical methods. In 2016, she undertook an internship at the Francis Crick Institute, London, during which she investigated potential new methods of influenza surveillance and vaccine research.
Laleh Haghverdi received her PhD in Mathematics from the Technical University of Munich. She has a background in physics and has been working on single cell gene expression data analysis over the few past years. Her current research is on batch correction and integration of single cell data.
Jennifer has a PhD in Biology from the University Heidelberg. She joined EMBL in January 2017 and is working on the SOUND project. Her main tasks are the management of data resources and data analysis workflows related to the SMART project “Drug perturbation profiling of primary blood cancers” which encompasses researchers and activities at EMBL, NCT Heidelberg, DKFZ and Heidelberg University Hospital.
Vlad is a PhD student with a background in computational physics. He obtained his MSc degree from the University of Heidelberg with his graduate research focusing on population genomics of drug response in leukemia. At the moment he is continuing his work on genome-wide association study of CLL drug sensitivity. Additionally, Vlad is working on image analysis of 3D cell culture data.
Junyan has a PhD in Computational Biology and Drug Design from Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences. His previous research focused on understanding mechanisms of drug response using integrated multi-omics technology and large scale ex-vivo drug testing approaches. In November 2015, he joined the Huber Group as a postdoctoral fellow and is now working on the SOUND project.
Mike joined EMBL as part of the de.NBI project where he is working on the development pipelines, workflows and computational approaches for large scale biological experiments. He has a PhD in computational biology from the University of Cambridge, UK.
Britta has a MSc in Mathematics from the University Heidelberg. She joined the Huber group in 2015 for her PhD. Here, she is working on statistical methodology for the analysis of high-dimensional biological datasets.
Frederik has a PhD in Applied Mathematics from Heidelberg University and the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ). He works on developing statistical methods for high-dimensional heterogeneous data and the analysis of multi-omic level drug treatment effects in collaboration with Cellzome.
- Dorothee Childs (Postdoc 2014-2018): now Bioinformatician at HMS Analytical Software in Heidelberg
- Arne Smits (Postdoc 2016-2018): now R&D IT Project Manager at Bayer Business Services
- Andrzej Oleś (Staff Member 2013-2018): now staff member at Heidelberg Institute for Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT)
- Małgorzata Oleś (PhD student 2012-2016): now staff member at National Center for Tumor Diseases Heidelberg
- Karsten Bach (Master Student 2016): now PhD student at European Bioinformatics Institute
- Nils Kurzawa (Research assistant 2016): now master student at German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
- Nikolaos Ignatiadis (Master student 2016): now PhD student at Stanford University, USA
- Annika Lisa Gable (Master student 2016): now PhD student at University of Zurich
- Alejandro Reyes (PhD student 2012-2016): now postdoc at Harvard University, USA
- Jacqueline Severino (Master student 2014-2016): now PhD student at Center for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona
- Aleksandra Pekowska (postdoc 2010-2016): now postdoc at National Institutes of Health, USA
- Julian Gehring (PhD student 2011-2016): now senior scientist at Illumina Inc. Cambridge
- Simon Anders (postdoc and research scientist 2009-2015): now group leader at Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland
- Olena Yavorska (visitor 2015): now student at Trinity College, Dublin.
- Diego Benusiglio (visitor 2015): now PhD student at German Cancer Research Center
- Joseph Barry (postdoc 2010-2015): now postdoc at Dana-Farber / Harvard
- Felix Klein (PhD student 2010-2014): now Consultant Business Analytics at Alexander Thamm GmbH
- Bernd Fischer (postdoc 2008-2014): PI at DKFZ (2014-2017)
- Paul Pyl (PhD student 2010-2014): now postdoc at Copenhagen
- Michael I. Love (visitor 2012-2013): now postdoc at Dana-Farber / Harvard
- Gregoire Pau (postdoc 2006-2011): researcher at Genentech, now training as physician-scientist
- Tony Chiang (PhD student 2006-2010): now postdoc at Univ. Washington
- Richard Bourgon (postdoc 2006-2009): now group leader at Genentech
- Audrey Kauffmann (postdoc 2006-2009): now group leader at Novartis
- Oleg Sklyar (staff 2005-2008): now in finance
- Tineke Casneuf (visitor 2006): now at Jansen Pharmaceuticals
- Florian Hahne (visitor 2007): now at Novartis
- Ligia P. Bras (visitor 2006): now at Hovione FarmaCiencia